Academic Center for Excellence seeking subject tutors
The Academic Center for Excellence (ACE) is seeking qualified subject tutors for the fall 2015 semester.
The center offers peer tutoring in a variety of major subjects, including calculus, biology, Spanish, accounting, chemistry and statistics. Tutoring appointments are offered from 1-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 5-9 p.m. Sunday.
- Sophomore, junior or senior in fall 2015, with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Grade of A- or higher in the course to be tutored
- Recommendation from a faculty member who has firsthand knowledge of your subject skills
- Excellent people skills and high degree of professionalism
- Commitment to Salve Regina’s core values
- Minimum of six hours per week availability
All new tutors will be required to complete the one-credit workshop Tutoring in the Disciplines as a condition of employment. The fall 2015 workshop is scheduled for 5-9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 1 and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 3.
Interested students should apply no than later than Friday, May 1 by submitting their application to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping it off at the center, located on the second floor of the McKillop Library.