Book discussion series returning for 2014-2015 academic year
Members of the Salve Regina community, along with neighbors and friends of the University, are invited to participate in “Reading Christian Classics,” a book discussion series that will continue throughout the 2014-2015 academic year. Participants are welcome to attend as many sessions as they wish.
The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday, Sept. 25: “Return of the Prodigal Son” by Henri Nouwen
- Thursday, Oct. 30: “Orthodoxy” by G.K. Chesterton (available online)
- Thursday, Nov. 20: “Interior Castle” by Teresa of Avila (available online)
- Thursday, Feb. 26: “The Power and the Glory” by Graham Greene
- Thursday, March 26: “Death Comes for the Archbishop” by Willa Cather (available online)
- Thursday, April 30: “No Man is an Island” by Thomas Merton
Discussions will be held in the McKillop Library’s special collections room beginning at 6:30 p.m. and will last about one hour. Each participant should furnish his or her copy of the book, read it prior to the session and come willing to share interpretations or comments.
“Reading Christian Classics” is co-sponsored by the Department of Philosophy, the Pell Honors Program and the McKillop Library. For more information, contact Dr. Lois Eveleth, professor of philosophy, at (401) 341-3170.