Career Connections Day to feature English alumni
What can someone do with an English major? Publishing, marketing, law, video production and education – and that’s just for starters.
These career paths and others will be the focus of the Department of English and Communications’ annual Career Connections Day, scheduled for 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 30 in the DiStefano Lecture Hall. Co-sponsored by the Office of Career Development and featuring a panel of alumni, the event is free and open to the public.
The panel will feature alumni in English literature and English communications, and the agenda includes a moderated question-and-answer session and a networking reception.
Alumni participating in the event include:
- Georgi DeMartino 15, assignment editor, Fox News
- Caitlin Downing 17, administrative officer/special assistant, Governor’s Workforce Board
- Matthew Levine 17, patient experience representative, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Kelsey Murray 12, senior editor/audience engagement, Thrive Global
- Erika Mutter 13, middle school teacher, North Cumberland Middle School
- Cassidy Rota 16, social media and content marketing manager, The Briar Group
- Tara Stanzione 16, hall director, Providence College
For more information, contact Dr. Matthew Ramsey, associate professor and chairman of the Department of English and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Michael Wisnewski, director of career development, at email@example.com.