Class of 2017 invited to Junior Jumpstart program
Members of the Class of 2017 are invited to participate in Junior Jumpstart, a program that provides the skills and knowledge necessary for students to be better prepared for their future educational and career plans.
Junior Jumpstart will be held from 4-7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 1 in the Young Building. Co-sponsored by the Office of Career Development and the Center for Student Development, the program will feature guest speakers and interactive breakout sessions that will explore topics such as internships, professional development and preparing for graduate school.
Immediately following the program, students are invited to stay for refreshments and conversations with Junior Jumpstart panelists and presenters.
- 4-4:10 p.m. – Registration and check-in
- 4:10-4:30 p.m. – Welcome and opening ceremony. Receive a class pin, connect with classmates and continue a new tradition.
- 4:30-5:15 p.m. – Keynote speaker: Gail Alofsin, director of corporate partnerships at Newport Harbor Corporation, who will discuss “Managing Your Time, Your Brand, Your Life.”
- 5:25-6:25 p.m. – Breakout sessions. Learn from the experiences of Salve Regina students, faculty, staff and alumni about networking, professional development skills and preparing for graduate school.
- 6:30 p.m. – Refreshments and networking reception for students and panelists
All juniors are encouraged to participate in this program that furthers a Salve Regina tradition and celebrates the halfway point to graduation.
Students may register online through the Salve Regina Gateway. For more information, call the Office of Career Development at (401) 341-2913 or the Center for Student Development at (401) 341-3288.