Community forum focusing on Paris attacks
Several Salve Regina faculty members will facilitate a community forum on the Paris terrorist attacks at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17 in the DiStefano Lecture Hall.
Hosted by the Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy, the forum is open to the Salve Regina community and the general public. It will provide an opportunity for people to come together and discuss the Nov. 13 attacks and related events.
While the facilitators will initiate conversation, the event will be heavily focused on audience Q&A. Participants will include:
- Dr. Dean de la Motte, professor in the Department of Modern and Classical Languages
- Dr. Symeon Giannakos, professor in the Department of Political Science
- Dr. Sally Gomaa, associate professor in the Department of English and Communications
- Dr. Jim Ludes, executive director of the Pell Center
- Dr. Chad Raymond, associate professor in the Department of Political Science
On the evening of Friday, Nov. 13, a series of mass shootings and suicide bombings occurred throughout Paris its suburbs. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attacks, which were the deadliest in Europe since the 2004 Madrid train bombings, with 129 killed and more than 400 injured.