Dance Marathon seeking donations for March 21 event
Salve Regina will host its third annual Dance Marathon to benefit Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence beginning at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 21. Organizers are asking faculty and staff to donate food, beverages and supplies to sustain the participants, who will remain on their feet for 18 hours to raise awareness and give support to children with serious illnesses.
Although the organizers have received several corporate donations, contributions from faculty and staff will help curb the costs associated with feeding such a large group for the duration of the event.
For more information, or to arrange for items to be picked up, contact Jivanto van Hemert at (401) 341-2431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items needed include:
- Cases of water or sports beverages (no energy drinks)
- Granola, cereal or power bars
- Small bags of chips
- Individually packaged snacks (fruit snacks, goldfish, etc.)
- Juice boxes
- Paper plates, napkins, cups and plastic utensils
- Gift cards in any denomination (to use as raffle prizes)
- Vegetable platters
- Whole fruit
- Fruit platters