English department plans Career Connections Day
What can someone do with an English major? Publishing, marketing, law, video production and education – and that’s just for starters.
These career paths and others will be the focus of the Department of English and Communications’ Career Connections Day, scheduled for 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22 in the DiStefano Lecture Hall. Co-sponsored by the Office of Career Development and featuring a panel of English alumni, the event is free and open to the public.
The panel will feature alumni in English literature and English communications, and the agenda includes a moderated question-and-answer session and a networking reception.
Alumni participating in the event include:
- Kaitlyn Boisvert ’13, social media/customer service specialist and community manager, Matter Communications
- Gianna Gerace ’15, communications assistant, Pell Center for International Relations and Public Policy
- Marina Hare ’14, marketing communications coordinator, WilmerHale
- Daniel Johnson ’12, digital assistant, The Paris Review
- Natalie Malizia ’12, producer, MultiVu/PR Newswire
- Murphy McCann ’15, video editor, Animus Studios and JPMcG Productions
- Courtney Petrucci ’15, English teacher, R.J. Kinsella Magnet School of Performing Arts
For more information, contact Dr. Matthew Ramsey, associate professor and chairman of the Department of English and Communications, at email@example.com or Michael Wisnewski, director of career development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.