Faculty and staff holiday raffle winners announced
Prior to the pandemic, Salve Regina began a new holiday tradition that brings University faculty and staff together in Ochre Court for a casual and festive gathering. The event not only celebrates the joys of the season, but it also enables many community members to meet new employees or reconnect with colleagues they don’t often get to spend time with during the course of the fall semester.
Unfortunately, this year’s gathering was postponed given the uptick in COVID-19 cases throughout campus and the greater Newport community. Although they were unable to join together as members of our mercy community in person, Salve Regina faculty and staff carried on with two components that also made the tradition so special: helping others through the Angel Tree Gift Drive program and a holiday raffle.
The following employees listed below were winners in the holiday raffle. All winners should’ve already been contacted via email on how to receive their prize.
Raffle Items and Winners
Warm and Cozy Holiday Packages:
- Soft blanket in woven basket with candle and hot chocolate.
Sheryl Burns, Housekeeping
- Woven red and green basket with wine, glasses, books, snacks, and holiday ornaments.
Samuel Chernakoff, Admissions
- Salve Regina puzzle and ornament, wine and Newport Architecture book.
Lisa Kenyon, McKillop Library
Relax and Reflect with Salve Packages:
- Bodhi Spa gift card, bottle of Newport Vineyard wine, chocolates, note pads and a candle.
Nadia Archambault, Chemistry
- 2 Salve Regina wine glasses and bottle of wine
James Hurley, Food Service
- Salve Regina beach bag, towel, 2 tumblers with packets of Del’s Lemonade, a Salve T-shirt and framed print.
Alexandra Chabot, Nursing
- Salve Regina blanket and wine glasses
Jeffrey Lacroix, Facilities/Maintenance
- Salve Regina terry/fleece sweatshirt and Columbia windbreaker
Susan Padula, Career Development Center
Home and Hearth packages:
- Home Depot gift card
Nina Hind, Admissions
- Sony mini wireless speaker
John Moriarty, Enterprise Systems
- Dash mini waffle maker
Josie Rock, Strategic Communications/Design Services
- George Foreman grill
Kaitlyn Brilhante, Community Engagement and Service
- Potter League gift basket
Amy Cady, Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
Gift Cards and More….
- Bag of gift certificates from Subway, Taco Bell, Dunkin and Starbucks
Nicholas Verrastro, Philosophy
- Cru Café gift card
Gabriel Alfieri, Music, Theatre and Dance
- Chili’s gift card
Kate Borgueta, Strategic Communications and Public Affairs
- Dunkin gift card
Timothy Demy, International Relations
Michael Coffey, Music, Theatre and Dance
Dylan Nagy, Athletics
Nancy Gordon, Counseling, Leadership and Expressive Arts
- Panera Bread gift card
Tim Neary, History, American Studies
Khadine Higgins, Chemistry
Deborah Nellis, Mail Services
- Uber Eats gift card
Thomas Arruda, Chemistry
Louise Sullivan, Nursing
- Stop and Shop gift card
Emily Winsor, Chemistry
Brandi Gifford, Counseling, Leadership and Expressive Arts
Frederick Zilian, History, Political Science
Jerry Steinhofer, Philosophy
Anthony Costa, Music, Theatre and Dance