Faculty, staff invited to RIHETC workshop
Faculty and staff are invited to participate in an upcoming workshop sponsored by the Rhode Island Higher Education Training Consortium. “Dealing With Difficult Conversations and Managing Problem Employees” will be held from 9 a.m. to noon Friday, Feb. 20 at the Center for Adult Education in Warwick.
Underperforming employees negatively impact their own areas of responsibility, as well as the contribution of others, and confronting these individuals can be uncomfortable for many managers. Understanding a model for these difficult conversations will result in management confidence, and employee performance improvement through a clearly identified action plan.
- Enhanced confidence when dealing with difficult conversations
- An increase in employee productivity and engagement
- An understanding of best practices when dealing with highly-charged situations
- Understanding your role as coach
- The ties between coaching and employee engagement
- Coaching paradigms
- Understanding the framework for managing the conversation
- Crafting your opening statement
- Keys to effective performance-based feedback
- The power of questions (and the role of listening)
- Developing an action plan
Click here for additional details, or to register. Faculty and staff who are interested in attending should contact their supervisor, who will work with the Office of Human Resources regarding placement and funding.