HR seeking nominations for staff community service awards
Photo: 2014 community service award winners Grace Cleary (left), Dan Titus and Gianna Sullivan
Many Salve Regina staff members demonstrate their commitment to others by volunteering in their communities. To recognize those commitments, the Office of Human Resources will once again hand out staff community service awards.
Introduced in 2007, Salve Regina’s staff community service awards honor up to three staff members each year. Donations in the amount of $300 are given to the charities of their choice.
Previous award recipients still employed at Salve Regina include:
- Carol Andos, secretary in the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life (2010)
- Charles Avenengo, faculty services secretary (2011)
- Barbara Bessette, office coordinator for the dean of academics (2013)
- Jason Black, director of web communications (2012)
- Carla Brownell, administrative assistant in the Office of Admissions (2009)
- Grace Cleary, study abroad advisor/international programs coordinator (2014)
- Victoria Duclos, senior director of advancement operations and programs (2009)
- Mary Edwards, communications media specialist (2013)
- Nancy Finn, assistant in the Office of Admissions (2012)
- William Hall, vice president for administration/chief financial officer (2007)
- Kristine Hendrickson, associate vice president for university relations/chief communications officer (2008)
- Jackie Jaquette, advancement services officer (2012)
- Kelly Powers, director of community service (2008)
- Gianna Sullivan, faculty services secretary (2014)
- Dan Titus, associate director of user support services (2014)
- Olga Verbeek, acting director of library services (2009)
- Gerry Willis, director of alumni/parent programs (2010)
Employees may nominate themselves or may be nominated by a coworker. Interested individuals should complete an application detailing the organization(s) with which they are involved, the average number of hours served, the type of volunteer work performed and the length of time the volunteering has taken place.
The deadline to submit applications to Cindy Donnelly, director of human resources, is Friday, Dec. 4. Applications are reviewed by the staff community service awards committee, and award recipients will be announced at the staff Christmas/holiday luncheon in December.
For more information, call the Office of Human Resources at (401) 341-2137.