Last call for fall semester study abroad programs and scholarships
The Office of International Programs will award a “Generation Study Abroad” scholarship of $2,500 to a student choosing to study abroad in fall semester. Interested students should complete the following four steps by April 1 as study abroad program deadlines are fast approaching:
- Attend a 4 p.m. information session on study abroad at Drexel Hall any weekday.
- Meet with Katie McCormack, assistant director of study abroad, for an initial study abroad advising meeting (instructions will be emailed to students after they attend the information session).
- Begin your fall semester Salve Regina study abroad application.
- Submit your Generation Study Abroad scholarship application.
Please note: Students who have already completed the first three steps and have been accepted to fall term study abroad programs will be automatically entered in the scholarship application.
The Generation Study Abroad scholarship is designed to diversify the participants in study abroad. Therefore, competitive applicants will have one or more of the following features:
- Pell Grant eligible/high financial need (confirm with Office of Financial Aid)
- First generation college student (first in your family to attend college)
- Underrepresented racial/ethnic groups on campus
- Student athletes
The competition is open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program. Non-U.S. citizens can seek information about other study abroad scholarships through the office of international programs.
Salve Regina received the scholarship funds through a national competition sponsored by the Institute of International Education (IIE) and was selected as one of 14 Generation Study Abroad commitment partner universities to receive a grant. IIE established the Generation Study Abroad program to diversify study abroad and to encourage students to go abroad who would otherwise not participate in an academic, internship or service-learning experience abroad.