Open enrollment period for health care benefits underway
Salve Regina’s open enrollment period for health care benefits, including dental, vision, AFLAC supplemental insurance and flexible spending and health savings accounts, is underway. The deadline for enrollment and all changes is Monday, Nov. 16.
For full details on the benefits open enrollment period, visit salve.edu/document/benefits-open-enrollment.
As a reminder, the University is changing from UnitedHealthcare to Tufts Health Plan effective Jan. 1, 2016. All employees with health insurance coverage through the University, and those employees who wish to enroll for coverage for Jan. 1, must complete a new health care enrollment form and return it to Human Resources by Nov. 16.
To learn more about Tufts and the plans that will be offered, employees should attend one of two meetings in the Bazarsky Lecture Hall on Wednesday, Oct. 21. Meetings will be held at 11 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Employees can make changes to the following benefits during the open enrollment period:
- Health care: There are three health care plan designs for employees to choose from. Two are similar to the current plan designs and the third is a high-deductible health plan with a corresponding health savings account. Tobacco-free discounts will still be available to all employees who complete a new affidavit before Nov. 16.
- Dental: Employees can add or delete family members, sign up or drop coverage. Biweekly payroll contributions will remain the same for 2016.
- Vision: Vision Service Plan provides in-network vision benefits such as frame and contact lens allowances. Biweekly payroll contributions will remain the same for 2016.
- AFLAC supplemental benefits: Employees may purchase or cancel a cancer plan, critical care and recovery plan, personal accident plan, long-term care insurance and/or a hospital protection plan through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Flexible spending account: Employees may set aside pre-tax money to pay for health-related expenses not covered by their health care plan, including prescription deductibles and co-pays, eyeglasses, orthodontics and dentures. Employees may carry over $100 in unused funds at the end of each plan year.
For more information, call Claudia Cavallaro, associate director for human resources and benefits, at (401) 341-2332.