Open enrollment period for health care benefits underway
Salve Regina’s open enrollment period for health care benefits, including dental, vision, AFLAC supplemental insurance and flexible spending and health savings accounts, is underway. The deadline for enrollment and all changes is Tuesday, Nov. 15.
For full details on the benefits open enrollment period, visit salve.edu/document/benefits-open-enrollment.
Employees can make changes to the following benefits during the open enrollment period:
- Health care: There are three health care plan designs for employees to choose from, including a high-deductible health plan with a corresponding health savings account. Tobacco-free discounts will still be available to all employees who complete a new affidavit before Nov. 15.
- Dental: Employees can add or delete family members, sign up or drop coverage. Biweekly payroll contributions will remain the same for 2017.
- Vision: Vision Service Plan provides in-network vision benefits such as frame and contact lens allowances.
- AFLAC supplemental benefits: Employees may purchase or cancel a cancer plan, critical care and recovery plan, personal accident plan, long-term care insurance and/or a hospital protection plan through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Flexible spending account: Employees may set aside pre-tax money to pay for health-related expenses not covered by their health care plan, including prescription deductibles and co-pays, eyeglasses, orthodontics and dentures. Employees may carry over $100 in unused funds at the end of each plan year.
- Optional and dependent life insurance: Eligible employees may purchase dependent life insurance for their child(ren) and/or spouse, and/or increase their own optional life insurance by one times their salary without evidence of insurability.
An informational meeting about health savings accounts will be held at 12:15 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 19 in the Ochre Court library. Employees interested in attending should register online by Friday, Oct. 14.
For more information, call Claudia Cavallaro, associate director for human resources and benefits, at (401) 341-2332 or Michele Ferrucci, benefits assistant, at (401) 341-2165.