Open enrollment period for health care benefits underway
Salve Regina’s open enrollment period for health care benefits, including dental, vision, AFLAC supplemental insurance and flexible spending and health savings accounts, is underway. The deadline for enrollment and changes is Wednesday, Nov. 15, except for AFLAC, which has been extended to Friday, Dec. 8.
For full details on the benefits open enrollment period, visit salve.edu/document/benefits-open-enrollment.
Employees can make changes to the following benefits during the open enrollment period:
- Health care: There are three health care plan designs for employees to choose from, including a high-deductible health plan with a corresponding health savings account. Tobacco-free discounts will still be available to all employees who complete a new affidavit before Nov. 15.
- Dental: Employees can add or delete family members, sign up or drop coverage. Biweekly payroll contributions will remain the same for 2018.
- Vision: Vision Service Plan provides in-network vision benefits such as frame and contact lens allowances.
- AFLAC supplemental benefits: Employees may purchase or cancel a cancer care plan, personal accident plan, hospital protection plan or rider plan through payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis.
- Flexible spending account: Employees may set aside pre-tax money to pay for health-related expenses not covered by their health care plan, including prescription deductibles and co-pays, eyeglasses, orthodontics and dentures. Employees may carry over $100 in unused funds at the end of each plan year.
An informational meeting about health savings accounts will be held at noon Wednesday, Nov. 8 in the Ochre Court state dining room. Employees interested in attending should register online by Friday, Nov. 3.
For more information, call Claudia Cavallaro, associate director for human resources and benefits, at (401) 341-2332 or Michele Ferrucci, benefits assistant, at (401) 341-2165.