Room selection process for rising sophomores getting underway
With the annual room selection process getting underway, now is the time for first-year students to be looking ahead to their sophomore year. All first-years and sophomores who are not commuting to campus from their parent’s homes are guaranteed housing and are required to live on campus. Because of the residency requirement, current freshmen will not need to place a housing deposit and will automatically receive a room selection letter.
Only those students who have registered for the fall 2021 semester are eligible to participate in the room selection, and students who select a room obligate themselves to a full academic year of University housing.
Upcoming events related to room selection include:
- Monday, April 5 – Roommate selection opens and is available through MyHousing through selection.
- Tuesday, April 6 – Selection times distributed through MyHousing.
- Monday, April 12 – Room selection for Rising Sophomore Pell Honors students who chose to participate in the Pell Honors Housing in Wallace Hall.
- Tuesday, April 13 – Room selection for rising sophomore males will be held from 9am-5pm online through MyHousing.
- Thursday, April 15 – Room selection for rising sophomore females will be held from 9am-5pm online through MyHousing.
- Tuesday, April 20 – Juniors and seniors housing selection will be held from 9am-5pm online through MyHousing.