SAAC recognizes student-athletes with Division III Week
The Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) will recognize Salve Regina’s student-athletes by celebrating NCAA Division III Week April 2-8. Events range from an opening Mass to a Chipotle fundraiser to a dodgeball tournament.
“DIII week celebrates student-athletes who commit themselves to both academics and athletics and work to make an inclusive campus-wide experience,” said Jay Brennan ’17, SAAC treasurer.
The schedule of events includes:
Sunday, April 2
- Three-on-three basketball tournament, 2 p.m., Rodgers Recreation Center. Contact Mary Eden for more information.
- Scavenger hunt begins at 6:30 p.m. Contact Jay Brennan for more information.
- Athlete Mass, 7 p.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel.
Monday, April 3
- Salve Spirit Day (wear Salve Regina colors). Contact Erica Mancester for more information.
- Scavenger hunt ends at 5:30 p.m. (bring to Miley Hall lounge). Contact Jay Brennan for more information.
Tuesday, April 4
- Chipotle fundraiser, 4-10 p.m. Contact Emma Gruber for more information.
Wednesday, April 5
- White-out lacrosse games, 4 p.m. (men’s) and 7 p.m. (women’s), Gaudet Field. Free T-shirts, 50/50 raffle and academic all-conference recognition. Contact Emma Gruber or Lick LoCicero for more information.
Thursday, April 6
- Swag wagon, noon to 1 p.m., O’Hare Academic Building.
- Dodgeball tournament, 6:30 p.m., Rodgers Recreation Center. The winners will receive Brick Alley Pub gift cards and T-shirts. Contact Erica Manchester for more information.
Friday, April 7
- Pie your coaches and administrators, noon, Rodgers Recreation Center. Contact Steve Aston or Parker Bowen for more information.
Saturday, April 8
- White-out baseball game, noon, Reynolds Field and white-out softball game, 2 p.m., Toppa Field. Free T-shirts and doughnut-eating contest. Contact Erica Mancester for more information.