Salve Regina sponsoring FAFSA workshop for all students
All undergraduate, graduate and continuing education students are invited to attend a FAFSA workshop sponsored by the College Planning Center of Rhode Island and the Rhode Island Student Loan Authority. The workshop will be held at 5 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13 at the Center for Adult Education, located at 144 Metro Center Blvd. in Warwick.
Attendees will receive an information kit along with assistance in completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). For more information, contact Carol Scanlon, Warwick site coordinator, at (401) 341-2150.
Those who are interested in attending should bring:
- Social Security card/number or Alien Registration card/number
- Driver’s license or identification card
- Personal Identification Number (register at www.pin.ed.gov)
- Entire 2011 federal tax return (2012 if already completed)
- W-2s for 2011 and 2012
- Current balance in checking and savings accounts
- Annual untaxed income received in household (SSDI, child support, etc.)
- Value of all investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, CDs, rental property owned, not retirement accounts)
- If you own a business, total value of the business (buildings and equipment) and how much owed on the business