Staff Advisory Council continues summer events for staff members into August
The Staff Advisory Council (SAC) is excited to continue its weekly Staff Summer Sizzlers into August to encourage socializing and unification among Salve Regina employees. All staff are welcome to join and are encouraged to bring teammates and colleagues.
Tuesday, Aug. 2: BYO Lunch Meetup
- Location: Under the shade of the arboretum trees along the Gerety Hall driveway. Rain location will be the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life.
- Time: Meet at noon.
- Bring your lunch, grab an Adirondack chair or blanket, and enjoy a lunchtime visit together on our beautiful campus.
Thursday, Aug. 11: After Work at the Parlor
- Location: 200 Broadway, Newport
- Time: Meet after 5 p.m. for a casual visit with colleagues. Partners and friends are welcome.
Tuesday, Aug. 16: Ice Cream Social
- Location: Gerety Hall front lawn.
- Time: Noon to 2 p.m.
- Enjoy Newport Creamery ice cream, Del’s Lemonade, music, popcorn, lawn games and more.
- You are asked to return to your workplace responsibilities at the conclusion of the event.
Wednesday, Aug. 24: Sunset Beach Party
- Location: Sachuest Beach, also known as Second Beach. It’s located at 315 Sachuest Point Road in Middletown, Rhode Island.
- Time: Parking is free after 5 p.m.
- Meet between lifeguard chairs 1 and 2, which is the opposite end of the beach from Surfer’s End.
- Bring a chair/blanket and refreshments.
- Rain date: Thursday, Aug. 25.
Caught Caring and Staff Onboarding Buddy Program
Is there a Salve Regina staff member who has gone above and beyond that should be recognized? Is there an office or department that has been an outstanding campus partner? Send them a “Caught Caring” shout-out. All anyone needs to do is email SAC at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the staff member and how they have been caught caring.
If anyone is interested in being a staff onboarding buddy to a new employee, it’s a great way to get involved. When someone is hired to work for Salve Regina, the Staff Advisory Council will pair them with a friendly face from the staff. A check-in over coffee, a walk around campus, a buddy to an event — this low-maintenance opportunity to show some hospitality can make a huge different in a new community member’s experience.
The Staff Advisory Council would also like to continue offering casual, affordable socials for staff throughout the fall semester.
If anyone has an idea for a social or would like to host a social on or off campus, would like to submit a “Caught Caring” shout-out, and/or would like to become an onboarding buddy, please email the email@example.com.