University community invited to Fall Festival Weekend events
Members of the Salve Regina community are invited to join alumni, parents and friends for a wide variety of activities related to Fall Festival Weekend, which begins Friday, Sept. 29 and wraps up Sunday, Oct. 1. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to participate in any or all weekend events.
All events are free of charge unless indicated otherwise. For more information, contact the Office of Alumni/Parent Programs at (800) 821-2343 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for events, visit www.salve.edu/fallfestival.
Friday, Sept. 29
- Kickoff dinner – 5 p.m., Miley Hall cafeteria (standard cafeteria admission paid at the door). Kick off Fall Festival weekend with dinner in Miley, featuring an Italian theme and cuisine.
- Murder mystery – 7 p.m., Wakehurst. An entertaining evening for all ages, beginning with a dessert bar followed by a night of comedy and crime. Seating is limited so please register in advance.
- Hunger Concert – 8 p.m., Ochre Court, $5 for general admission, free for children under 12. Rock out against hunger as you enjoy students’ musical performances while helping to support local soup kitchens.
- Young alumni homecoming – 9 p.m., O’Brien’s Pub. What better way to get the weekend started than a reception at O’Brien’s Pub? Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
Saturday, Sept. 30
- Family brunch – 9-11 a.m., Ochre Court, $10 for adults, free for children 5 and under. All families are welcome to enjoy this brunch buffet and cash bar.
- Women’s volleyball vs. Worcester State University – 9:30 a.m., Rodgers Recreation Center.
- 14th annual Fall Festival awards ceremony – 10:30 a.m., Bazarsky Lecture Hall. The ceremony honors and acknowledges academic achievement, career success and those that live the University mission.
- Women’s soccer vs. Wentworth Institute of Technology – Noon, Brother Reynolds Field.
- Women’s tennis vs. Western New England University – Noon, Leroy Avenue tennis courts.
- Seahawk Village – Noon to 4 p.m., Wakehurst/Antone Academic Center lots. Your one-stop shop for food, fun and games. Connect with the Seahawk community at this event featuring something for the whole family.
- Parent/student partnership presentation – 1 p.m., Bazarsky Lecture Hall. As a former resident advisor and Salve Regina alumnus, David Keeler understands what students need to succeed in college. In this hands-on, practical workshop, he will give parents and students tips to succeed in their first year.
- Field hockey vs. Elms College – 1 p.m., Toppa Field.
- Pell Honors Program reception – 1-3 p.m., Ochre Court. Dr. Khalil Habib, director of the Pell Honors Program, welcomes Pell Honors alumni, parents and current scholars to learn about plans for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Women’s volleyball vs. Bay Path University – 1:30 p.m., Rodgers Recreation Center.
- Sigma Phi Sigma induction ceremony – 3 p.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Alumni are welcome to join in as current Salve Regina students are inducted into the 2017 Sigma class. Light refreshments will be served in the Mercy Center following the ceremony.
- Men’s soccer vs. Wentworth Institute of Technology – 3 p.m., Brother Reynolds Field.
- Football blue-white scrimmage – 4 p.m., Toppa Field. Following the scrimmage, attendees are invited to stay and enjoy a classic tailgate party.
- Movie night: “Despicable Me 3” – 7 p.m., DiStefano Lecture Hall. Complimentary popcorn will be served.
- Parent reception – 7-9 p.m., Hotel Viking. Enjoy an evening with other Salve parents at Newport’s ultimate boutique hotel while learning how to become more involved with the University. Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
- Alumni night – 7-10 p.m., Dockside. Alumni and friends are welcome to join together at Dockside, located on Waites Wharf, for a night on the town. No cover, cash bar.
- Late-night reception – 10 p.m. to midnight, Ochre Court. Following the events downtown, alumni, parents and friends are welcomed back to campus for a late-night reception featuring live entertainment and light refreshments.
Sunday, Oct. 1
- Power yoga – 9 a.m., McAuley Hall lawn. Outdoor yoga for all levels. Bring your own mat.
- Mass – 11 a.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Immediately following Mass, join President Jane Gerety, RSM for coffee and light refreshments.