University community invited to Fall Festival Weekend events
Members of the Salve Regina community are invited to join alumni, parents and friends for a wide variety of activities related to Fall Festival Weekend, which begins Friday, Sept. 28 and wraps up Sunday, Sept. 30. Students, faculty and staff are welcome to participate in any or all weekend events.
Highlights of the weekend include the family brunch scheduled for 9-11 a.m. Saturday and the parent reception scheduled for 7-9 p.m. Several faculty members will join families during the morning brunch. At the evening reception, parents can learn about ways to enhance their students’ experience by becoming an active volunteer.
All events are free of charge unless indicated otherwise. For more information, contact the Office of Alumni/Parent Programs at (800) 821-2343 or firstname.lastname@example.org. To register for events, visit www.salve.edu/fallfestival.
Friday, Sept. 28
- Kickoff fiesta – 5 p.m., Miley Hall cafeteria, $10 admission paid at the door. Kick off Fall Festival weekend with dinner in Miley, featuring a Mexican theme and cuisine.
- Murder mystery (sold out) – 7 p.m., Wakehurst. An entertaining evening for all ages, beginning with a dessert bar followed by a night of comedy and crime.
- Hunger Concert – 8 p.m., Ochre Court, $5 for general admission, free for children under 12. Rock out against hunger as you enjoy students’ musical performances while helping to support local soup kitchens.
- Young alumni homecoming – 9 p.m., O’Brien’s Pub. What better way to get the weekend started than a reception at O’Brien’s Pub? Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
Saturday, Sept. 29
- Family brunch – 9-11 a.m., Ochre Court, $15 for general admission, free for children 5 and under. All families are welcome to enjoy this brunch buffet. Seating is limited so please register in advance.
- Women’s volleyball vs. Worcester State University – 10 a.m., Rodgers Recreation Center.
- 15th annual Fall Festival awards ceremony – 10:30 a.m., Bazarsky Lecture Hall. The ceremony honors and acknowledges academic achievement, career success and those that live the University mission.
- Football vs. Western New England University – Noon, Toppa Field.
- Women’s soccer vs. Western New England University – Noon, Brother Reynolds Field.
- Women’s tennis vs. Wentworth Institute of Technology – Noon, tennis courts.
- Seahawk Village – Noon to 4 p.m., Wakehurst. Your one-stop shop for food, fun and games. Connect with the Seahawk community at this event featuring something for the whole family.
- Parent/student partnership presentation – 1 p.m., Bazarsky Lecture Hall. As a former resident advisor, David Keeler ’92 understands what students need to succeed in college. In this hands-on, practical workshop, he will offer both parents and students tips for success.
- Field hockey vs. University of New England – 1 p.m., Gaudet Field.
- Pell Honors Program reception – 1-3 p.m., Ochre Court. The director of the Pell Honors Program welcomes Pell Honors alumni, parents and current scholars to learn about plans for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Women’s volleyball vs. Newbury College – 2 p.m., Rodgers Recreation Center.
- Sigma Phi Sigma induction ceremony – 3 p.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Alumni are welcome to join in as current Salve Regina students are inducted into the 2018 Sigma class. Light refreshments will be served in the Mercy Center following the ceremony.
- Campus tree walk and tour – 3 p.m., Ochre Court. Learn the origin and history of the many rare and beautiful trees on campus. The tour will begin at Ochre Court’s main entrance and guide visitors through a curated loop or distinct arboretum specimens.
- Men’s soccer vs. Western New England University – 3 p.m., Brother Reynolds Field.
- Evening with Salve Regina Seahawks – 5-7 p.m., McAuley Hall, $20. Come spend an evening with Salve’s athletics coaches and staff. One complimentary drink ticket per attendee. Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
- Movie night: “Jurassic World” – 7 p.m., Bazarsky Lecture Hall. Complimentary popcorn will be served.
- Parent reception – 7-9 p.m., Ochre Court. Enjoy an evening with other Salve parents while learning how to become more involved with the University. Complimentary appetizers and cash bar.
Sunday, Sept. 30
- Power yoga – 9 a.m., McAuley Hall lawn. Outdoor yoga for all levels. Bring your own mat.
- Mass – 11 a.m., Our Lady of Mercy Chapel. Immediately following Mass, join President Jane Gerety, RSM for coffee and light refreshments.
- Hall of Fame brunch – Noon, Ochre Court, $25 for general admission, free for children 5 and under. Come celebrate with the 2018 Seahawks Athletic Hall of Fame class: Jason Brule ’02, Tom Farrea, Erin Phillips ’11 and Lynn Sheedy ’93 (M). Brunch buffet and cash bar.