Wavemaker fellowship program provides student loan relief
Graduate students and alumni who are working full time in STEM, industrial or commercially relevant design fields in Rhode Island are invited to apply for student loan relief through the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation’s Wavemaker fellowship program.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have a two-year, four-year or graduate degree from an accredited institution.
- Have annual higher education loan repayment expenses.
- Work full-time, or have an offer of employment to work full-time, in Rhode Island.
Relevant fields include:
- Life, natural or environmental sciences
- Computer, information or software technology
- Advanced mathematics or finance
- Industrial design or other commercially relevant design field
- Medical or medical device technology
Fellows with a bachelor’s degree are eligible for up to $4,000 in refundable tax credits per year, while fellows with a master’s degree are eligible for up to $6,000 per year. In addition to tax credits, the fellowship provides various personal and professional development programs, networking opportunities, community-based events and more.
The application deadline is Friday, Nov. 1. For more information, or to apply, visit the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation website.