ACE offering learning and study strategies workshops
Students who want to strengthen their learning and study strategies are invited to attend a series of workshops offered by the Academic Center for Excellence.
Workshops are held at 7 p.m. Tuesdays in the Academic Center for Excellence, which is located on the second floor of the McKillop Library. The schedule is:
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: “Study Smarter, Not Harder: Making Studying Pay Off in the Results You Get”
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: “Tests: The Art and Skill of Test-Taking”
- Tuesday, Nov. 3: “Mastering Long-Term Projects Alongside Daily Obligations to Get High-Quality Results”
In addition to the workshop series, the Academic Center for Excellence assists students with their college-level learning strategies through one-on-one sessions with Susan Pratt, educational psychologist and director of the center. Students may schedule single or multiple sessions focusing on topics such as:
- Time management and planning
- Reading textbooks
- What it means to study
- Test preparation and test taking
- Preparing for and taking standardized professional tests
- Understanding your learning style
- Learning strategies that use your learning style
- Managing multiple projects, papers, tests and assignments simultaneously
To register for a learning and study strategies workshop, or schedule a one-on-one meeting, stop by the Academic Center for Excellence or call (401) 341-2226.