On Friday, April 12, Salve Regina will host its fourth annual Mercy Summit on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion — one of the signature events sponsored by the Salve Commission on Diversity and Inclusion.
This annual summit offers the Salve Regina community an opportunity to listen, engage and understand the scope of issues related to diversity and inclusion on college campuses.
The Salve Commission on Diversity and Inclusion is currently making a call for students, faculty, staff, and alumni to lead educational sessions for the afternoon of the Mercy Summit on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Examples of educational sessions from past summits include:
- Inclusive Strategies for Teaching at Salve Panel Discussion
- Supporting the LGBTQ+ Community: What to Know and How to Create Safe Spaces
- How Can I Help? A Collaborative Approach to Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Discover the Roots of Trees: What Can We Learn from Salve’s Arboretum About Diversity?
- How to Be an Effective Ally
If anyone is interested in presenting or has an idea for a session, please email Sami Nassim, director of the Office of Multicultural Programs and Retention, at firstname.lastname@example.org.