Awards recognize staff members’ community service efforts
While the Salve Regina community is comprised of many caring and committed individuals who work to fulfill the University mission on a daily basis, many staff members also demonstrate their commitment to others by volunteering in their communities. To recognize those commitments, the Office of Human Resources will once again hand out staff community service awards.
Introduced in 2007, Salve Regina’s staff community service awards are designed to recognize the community service efforts of staff members. Up to three staff members are honored each year for their volunteerism, and donations in the amount of $300 are given to the charities of their choice.
Previous award recipients still employed at Salve Regina include:
- Carol Andos, secretary, Mercy Center for Spiritual Life (2010)
- Charles Avenengo, faculty services secretary (2011)
- Barbara Bessette, office coordinator, arts and sciences (2013)
- Jason Black, director of web and electronic communications (2012)
- Carla Brownell, administrative assistant, undergraduate admission (2009)
- Paul Cardoza, bike program coordinator (2013)
- Victoria Duclos, senior director of advancement operations and programs (2009)
- Mary Edwards, communications media specialist (2013)
- Nancy Finn, assistant, undergraduate admission (2012)
- William Hall, vice president for administration and chief financial officer (2007)
- Kristine Hendrickson, associate vice president for university relations/chief communications officer (2008)
- Jackie Jaquette, advancement services officer (2012)
- Kelly Powers, director of community service (2008)
- Olga Verbeek, acting director of library services (2009)
- Gerry Willis, associate dean of students and director of campus life (2010)
Employees may nominate themselves or may be nominated by a coworker. Interested individuals should complete an application detailing the organization(s) with which they are involved, the number of hours volunteered on a weekly and/or monthly basis and a brief description of the work performed.
The deadline to submit applications to Diane Blanchette, associate vice president for human resources, is Friday, Dec. 5. All applications will be reviewed by the staff community service awards committee, and award recipients will be announced at the staff Christmas and holiday luncheon Thursday, Dec. 18.
For more information, call the Office of Human Resources at (401) 341-2137.