Cabaret dinner benefits Madrigals concert tour fund
The Department of Music, Theatre and Dance will host its annual Madrigals Cabaret Dinner at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 8, in the Ochre Court state dining room. Dinner will be prepared by Sodexo and served by members of the Madrigals chorus, and the members will also perform selections from popular and musical theater repertoire.
Admission is $35 for the general public and $18 for students on the meal plan. Proceeds from the event benefit the Madrigals and University Chorus concert tour fund, which helps to defray the cost of travel to performances in the United States and abroad. Recent trips include Greece, Italy and Ireland.
The menu for the dinner is below:
- Guests may choose from one of three entrees: Chicken piccata, grilled salmon with a dill lemon butter and eggplant rollatini.
- All dinners are served with a market salad consisting of mixed greens, cucumber, feta cheese, grape tomatoes and homemade herb croutons.
- Two sides of roasted asparagus and roasted fingerling potatoes will be served,
- Dessert will be chocolate fudge cake and chocolate ganache, along with coffee or tea.
- There will also be a cash bar.
People interested in attending must RSVP by Feb. 3. For more information, or to make reservations, call the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance at (401) 341-2295.