Career Connections Day to feature English alumni
Alumni from the Department of English who are working in fields as diverse as publishing, advertising, teaching, journalism and public relations will speak Saturday, March 23 as part of the department’s 2013 Career Connections Day.
Co-sponsored with the Office of Career Development, the workshop will expose current and potential majors to a variety of career options for those with degrees in English. It will also address basic career strategies such as networking and resume building.
The event will begin at 1 p.m. in the DiStefano Lecture Hall. The panel discussion, breakout sessions and resume critique will last until 3 p.m. and will be followed by a short networking reception. The event is free and open to all students and alumni.
Alumni who are scheduled to attend include:
- Jacqueline Boyle ’04, director of student services, Boston University School of Education
- Elizabeth Bartek ’05, corporate and foundation relations manager, Hebrew Health Care
- Kevin Farrington ’11, English teacher, Pioneer Charter School of Science
- Brittany Lyon ’09, advertising manager, Patch Media
- Alison Riendeau ’11, graduate student, Simmons College
- Stephanie Turaj ’11, reporter and Web editor, The Block Island Times
- Lauren Wood ’09, manager of publisher content, EBSCO
For more information, contact Dr. Donna Harrington-Lueker, professor of English, at email@example.com or Michael Wisnewski, director of career development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.