Career Connections Day to feature English, communications alumni
By Tara Stanzione ’16
What can students do with an English major? Media relations and advertising, production editing and public relations, web designing and event planning – and that’s just for starters.
Alumni from the Department of English and Communications will visit the University to talk about their jobs and how they got them during Career Connections Day, scheduled for 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 7 in the DiStefano Lecture Hall. Co-sponsored by the Office of Career Development, the event is free and open to the public.
“We’re particularly excited about this year’s Career Day,” said Dr. D. Matthew Ramsey, associate professor and department chairman. “Our alumni have a great mix of experiences, and advice, to offer students attending the event. All communications and literature students are strongly urged to attend, but the event is open to all interested students.”
Alumni participating in the event include:
- Kalene Brennan ’08, director of development, Institute for the Study and Practice of Nonviolence
- Steve Cunha ’09, sports information director, Albertus Magnus College
- Emily Ferro ’12, marketing coordinator, Ashgate Publishing
- Lauren Kane ’15, graduate student, Yale University
- Erica McLaughlin ’15, traffic manager, Mittcom Advertising
- Liz Steinhardt Pollock ’06, managing supervisor, Fleishman Hillard Public Relations