Class of 2016 invited to Junior Jumpstart program
Members of the Class of 2016 are invited to participate in Junior Jumpstart, a program that will provide the skills and knowledge necessary for students to be better prepared for their future educational and career plans.
Junior Jumpstart will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 20 in the O’Hare Academic Center. Co-sponsored by the Center for Student Development and the Office of Career Development, the program will feature guest speakers and interactive breakout sessions that will explore topics such as internships, professional development and preparing for graduate school.
Immediately following the program, the Office of Alumni/Parent Programs will host the Class of 2016 “Halfway There” celebration filled with free food, friends and festivities.
- 8:30-9 a.m. – Registration and check-in
- 9-9:30 a.m. – Welcome and opening ceremony. Receive a class pin, reconnect with classmates and begin a new tradition.
- 9:30-10:30 a.m. – Keynote speaker: Daniel Seddiqui. Discover helpful tips and career inspiration from Daniel Seddiqui, nationally recognized author of “50 Jobs in 50 States.”
- 10:40 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. – Breakout sessions. Learn from the experiences of Salve Regina students, faculty, staff and alumni about internships, professional development skills and preparing for graduate school.
- 12:45 p.m. – Class of 2016 “Halfway There” celebration with free food, friends and festivities.
All juniors are encouraged to participate in this new program that creates tradition and celebrates the halfway point to graduation. Students may register online for this event through the Salve Regina Gateway. For more information, call the Office of Career Development at (401) 341-2913 or the Center for Student Development at (401) 341-3288.