Club profile: SalveTHON
An annual fundraising event, SalveTHON will be held March 24-25 in Ochre Court. From 6 p.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Saturday, participants will stand for 16 hours straight to raise funds for the Children’s Miracle Network benefiting Hasbro Children’s Hospital in Providence.
Throughout the night, there will be music, dancing, activities and food from local companies to keep participants awake and on their feet for 16 hours. If that doesn’t keep you awake, then the patients and families who will stop by throughout the night will.
In order to make this year’s SalveTHON the most successful event yet, members of the University community are invited to register and participate. If you cannot attend, you can still register as a “spirit dancer” and raise funds for the cause.
This is SalveTHON’s fifth year as a recognized club. The group includes:
- Johanna Mancivalano, adviser
- GinaMarie Tonini, chair
- Bernadette M. Maligranda, internal chair
- Skyla Hudson, external chair
- Eddie Cullinane and Karolyne Stimpson, logistics co-chairs
- Marissa Masson and Julianne Nienstedt, dancer relations co-chairs
- Virginia Trudel, promotions chair
- Melissa Janco, hospital and family chair
- Stephanie Lewis, sponsorship chair
Follow SalveTHON on:
Compiled by Matthew Levine ’17