Community Service seeking Service Plunge facilitators
The Office of Community Service is accepting applications for 2013 Service Plunge facilitators.
The Service Plunge is an overnight service and leadership retreat for incoming first-year and transfer students. Taking place Columbus Day weekend at a local Girl Scout camp, the three-night retreat provides students with the opportunity to develop valuable leadership skills and a chance to connect with other students interested in making a difference both on campus and off. Students participate in service projects, team-building activities and a ropes course.
Service Plunge facilitators are responsible for the planning and coordination of the retreat and will serve as role models and mentors to the incoming students. Facilitators will coordinate large-group sessions and lead small-group sessions with their individual teams.
- Please note this is a yearlong commitment.
- Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20.
- Must not be participating in fall sports.
- Must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Must have proficient communication (verbal and written) skills and the ability to work well with peers, community members and staff.
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and the desire to positively impact the campus and surrounding community.
- Selected applicants must attend facilitator training sessions and will also need to be available to attend/conference in on regular planning meetings with the program coordinator and other facilitators (times to be based around each person’s schedule).
For more information, or to complete a Service Plunge facilitator application, click here.