Deadline for scholarship applications extended to April 30
It’s scholarship season at Salve Regina, and the Office of Advancement is offering a dozen scholarships ranging from $500 to $5,000. The deadline to apply for these scholarships was recently extended to Tuesday, April 30.
Salve Regina continues to add scholarship opportunities for students. In recent years, a number of new funds have been established by alumni, parents and friends that recognize achievement and provide financial assistance to qualifying students in various majors and areas of interest.
“We are extending the deadline for scholarship applications to allow students more time to prepare their applications and faculty and staff the opportunity to recommend students for scholarships,” said Victoria Duclos, senior director of advancement operations and programs. “These special scholarships are awarded as tuition credit for the fall semester, and student recipients are recognized at the annual Fall Festival Awards Ceremony scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 28.”
Click here for more information, including the scholarship application. A complete list of available scholarships appears below.
- Dr. Janice Cowsill Scholarship: For an education major following his or her commitment to academic excellence and awareness of global or local needs through service
- Faith in Service Scholarship: For a junior or senior who has demonstrated an understanding of the mercy mission through service projects related to the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
- Jane Murphy Farley ’51 Scholarship in Special Education: For a junior or senior education major committed to a career helping children achieve their full potential
- Maria Ferrazzoli Scholarship: For students who demonstrate a social conscience and be actively involved in supporting the advancement of people with special needs through their paid or volunteer work
- 50th Anniversary Scholarship: For a junior or senior in good academic standing who exemplifies commitment to the Salve Regina community
- Sheila M. Jeanes Memorial Scholarship: For an education or social work major committed to a career in special education or working with adults who have special needs
- Nicholas V. Kelly Memorial Scholarship: For a male junior pursuing an education to reach his potential
- Pioneer Class of ’51 Scholarship: For a senior in good standing who has demonstrated an understanding of the University mission in his or her action
- Andrea Rizzo ’00 Special Education Memorial Scholarship: For a hardworking student majoring in special education
- Meghan E. Strathman ’03 Memorial Scholarship: For an elementary education or special education major
- Theatre Arts Alumni Scholarship: For students with a minimum 3.3 GPA who demonstrate service to the Department of Performing Arts
- Vision of Mercy Scholarship: For a female student devoted to advancing the human condition of individuals and communities