Employee fair to feature health information, wellness services
The first Employee Health and Wellness Fair, sponsored by Tufts, will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 7 in the Ochre Court library. During the fair, vendors and practitioners will share health information and provide wellness services.
Employees will have the opportunity to learn about Salve’s Wellness Rewards program and the Momentum+ wellness platform, complete biometric screenings, receive chair massage and reflexology, attend meditation and chair yoga, watch a cooking demonstration and enjoy healthy food samples.
Employees may register online for the following biometric screenings: glucose level, blood pressure, HDL cholesterol, total cholesterol and body mass index.
In addition, the following wellness practitioners will hold ongoing sessions:
- Hand or foot reflexology: Come have hands or feet stimulated by applying pressure, which will promote relaxation, improve circulation and encourage the body to heal itself. Register online
- Chair massage therapists: During the massage, you will sit in a special chair that supports your entire body. You remain fully clothed as your massage therapist works on your shoulders, neck, arms, back and hands. Register online
- Guided breath meditation: Learn more and register online
- Body scan meditation: Learn more and register online
- Chair yoga: Learn more and register online
The following vendors will be available throughout the event:
- Beacon Mutual Insurance
- Coastline EAP
- Health Services
- Mercy Center for Spiritual Life
- Tufts Health Plan
For more information, contact Nancy Escher at email@example.com or (401) 341-2157.