English and communications alumni offer career panel, networking event
What can someone do with an English or communications major? Publishing, marketing, law, video production and education – and that’s just for starters.
These career paths and others will be the focus of the Department of English, Communications and Media’s event featuring recent alumni, scheduled for 7-9 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 2, in DiStefano Lecture Hall in Antone Academic Building.
Co-sponsored by the Office of Career Development and featuring a panel of alumni, the event is free and open to the public. The agenda includes a moderated question-and-answer session and a networking reception with refreshments afterwards. Students will also have an opportunity to have professional photos taken during the event.
Alumni participating in the event include:
- Clare Daly ’20, social media professional
- Darren Christie ’20, administrative assistant at United Entertainment Group
- Sarah DeWolfe ’20, production assistant for First Take on ESPN
- Isabel Thornton ’20, social media and content marketing specialist at Weaving Influence
- Juliana Verrelli ’20, assistant editor for English and humanities at Macmillan Learning
For more information, contact Dr. Matthew Ramsey, associate professor and chairman of the Department of English, Communications and Media, at email@example.com or Caitlin Bailey, interim director of the Office of Career Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.