English department holding annual Career Connections Day
From managing social media to coordinating scripts for television, Salve Regina’s English and communications alumni have built careers in countless fields. Their experiences will be showcased during the department’s annual Career Connections Day, set for 1-3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 3 in the O’Hare Academic Building, Room 260.
The workshop will feature a panel of alumni in English literature and English communications, who will talk about their careers and the value of a degree in English for a variety of career paths. A question-and-answer session, a networking reception and a session on effectively using LinkedIn are also on the program.
Students interested in writing, media, communications, research and other careers are encouraged to attend.
Alumni participating in the event include:
- Marissa Guerard ’18, social media coordinator, Wahlburgers
- Albert Vuoso ’15, learning and development coordinator, Warby Parker
- Alexa Thompson ’15, content strategy coordinator, Disney’s Babble
- Alexis Mateus ’17, administrative assistant, Redwood Library and Athenaeum
- Maryelizabeth Pfund ’15, script coordinator, Twin Cities PBS, PBS Children’s Programming
- Daniel Johnson ’13, assistant editor, Bedford/ St. Martin’s Press
For more information, contact Dr. Matthew Ramsey, associate professor and chairman of the Department of English and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The event is co-sponsored by the Office of Career Development.