Expressive and creative arts program offering weekend workshop
Salve Regina’s graduate program in the expressive and creative arts has space available in its upcoming weekend workshop, “The Arts, Nature and Eco-Consciousness,” scheduled for June 24-26.
The workshop will offer an exploration of creative processes, with a focus on new perspectives in the evolving consciousness of all life on the planet. The workshop is designed for teachers, facilitators, counselors, therapists and artists who are looking for hands-on ways to weave theory and creative practice of nature-consciousness into their work and life.
This experiential workshop includes:
- Self-exploration through image-making, visual arts, sound, movement, storytelling and theater arts
- Approaches to earth-based mindfulness and contemplative practices
- Introduction to the work of leading visionaries in the field of reverential ecology
- Techniques and skills to re-imagine our creative roots and continue an ongoing expressive dialogue with the natural world
- Practices activating the transformative nature of eco-art experiences that can be used in the fields of education, human services, community organizations and the arts
- Learning to reconnect with our natural environment and reflect from a holistic view on our relationship to the “web of life”
The workshop will meet from 1-5:30 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. For more information, or to register, visit the workshop webpage or call program coordinator Christopher Carbone at (401) 341-3122.