Faculty, staff invited to join Cardio Challenge
Faculty and staff are invited to join Salve Regina’s Cardio Challenge, a four-week program encouraging participants to improve their health by logging at least 30 minutes of aerobic activity on most days of the week.
The kickoff meeting will be held at noon Wednesday, April 15 in the Ochre Court library. The challenge will run from Thursday, April 16 through Wednesday, May 13.
Employees will form teams to compete for the highest number of minutes of aerobic activity during the four-week challenge. Each team will select a team captain and a team name. Prizes will be awarded to the first, second and third place teams.
Participants will log their daily minutes spent on aerobic activities, which may include speed walking, jogging, running, dancing, rollerblading, bicycling, swimming, aerobic classes (both land and water), rowing, elliptical, stair climbing or the like. At the end of the competition, team captains will collect their team’s logs and submit them to Nancy Escher, who will average all scores to determine the top three teams.
- Form a team of no less than two and no more than four coworkers
- Teams must select a team captain and decide on a team name
- Captains must complete and submit a team entry form at the kickoff meeting April 15
- Each team member must complete/submit a participation consent form to their team captain by April 16
- Team members must record their aerobic activity on an activity log
- To be eligible for team awards, participants must complete the entire four-week program
For more information, contact Nancy Escher at (401) 341-2157 or email@example.com.