Faculty, staff invited to “Maintain, Don’t Gain”
Want to be rewarded for maintaining your weight during the holidays? If so, then join the “Maintain, Don’t Gain” challenge sponsored by United Healthcare during the month of December.
The goal is to earn 100 points in four weeks. Participants will earn one point for each of the following healthy habits they practice each day. Participants who earn 100 points will have their named entered in a raffle to win prizes, and will earn one additional raffle ticket for every five points earned after that.
Healthy habits include:
- Exercise for at least 15 to 30 minutes
- Eat at least one to two cups of fruits and/or vegetables
- Eat a healthy low-fat, high-fiber breakfast
- Don’t skip meals – eat breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water
- Limit sweets to one serving or less
- Limit alcohol to 1 serving or less
Faculty and staff who are interested in participating may request a tracking form from Cindy Donnelly at (401) 341-3160 or email@example.com. Completed forms must be returned to the Office of Human Resources by Friday, Jan. 4 to be eligible to participate in the drawings on Thursday, Jan. 10.