Gunther named CCC field performer of the year
The Commonwealth Coast Conference recently named Erin Gunther ’19 field performer of the year for women’s track and field. The conference also recognized its all-conference teams, which consisted of the medal winners in each of the 19 events at the conference championship. Gold medalists were named to the first team, with silver and bronze medalists named to the second and third teams.
At the conference championships, Gunther took the gold medal in the triple jump with a distance of 11.20 meters, which set both Salve Regina and meet records. She also placed third in the long jump to take the bronze medal in that category. She competed in the triple jump at the New England Championship and finished 17th.
The following students joined Gunther on the all-conference teams:
- Olivia Conway ’18 – third team shot put
- Alex Demeo ’19 – third team 5,000 meters
- Natalie Kopiec ’19 – first team 400-meter hurdles, first team 4×100-meter relay and second team 100-meter hurdles
- Jillian LeBeau ’21 – second team javelin
- Maggie McCarthy ’21 – first team 4×400-meter relay
- Elicia Nemirow ’20 – third team javelin
- Ashley Polson ’19 – third team pole vault
- Molly Powers ’21 – first team 4×400-meter relay and third team 400 meters
- Athena Silva ’19 – second team hammer
- Katherine Simoniello ’20 – first team discus and second team shot put
- Devin Smith ’18 – first team 4×100-meter relay, first team 4×400-meter relay and third team high jump
- Madison Stanley ’20 – first team 4×100-meter relay, first team 4×400-meter relay, second team 200 meters and third team triple jump