HR seeking nominations for staff community service awards
Many Salve Regina staff members demonstrate their commitment to others by volunteering in their communities. To recognize their efforts, the Office of Human Resources will once again hand out staff community service awards.
Salve Regina’s staff community service awards honor up to three staff members each year. Donations in the amount of $300 are given to the charities of their choice.
Employees may self-nominate, or may be nominated by a co-worker. Nominations should be emailed to Cindy Donnelly by Dec. 3. Include the nominee’s name along with a description of the community service performed by the nominee (organization name, type of volunteer work performed, average number of hours served, length of time the volunteering has taken place).
Award recipients will be announced at the staff Christmas and holiday luncheon.
Previous award recipients still employed at Salve Regina include:
- Carol Andos, secretary in the Mercy Center for Spiritual Life (2010)
- Charles Avenengo, faculty services secretary (2011)
- Barbara Bessette, office coordinator for the dean of undergraduate studies (2013)
- Jason Black, senior director of digital communications (2012)
- Carla Brownell, administrative assistant in the Office of Admissions (2009)
- Victoria Duclos, senior director of advancement operations and programs (2009)
- Mary Edwards, director of constituent communications and design (2013)
- Nancy Finn, assistant in the Office of Admissions (2012)
- William Hall, vice president for administration/chief financial officer (2007)
- Kristine Hendrickson, associate vice president for university relations/chief communications officer (2008)
- Kelly Powers, director of community service (2008, 2015)
- Kathleen Rendos, office coordinator in the Office of Community Service (2015)
- Gianna Sullivan, faculty services secretary (2014)
- Dan Titus, associate director of user support services (2014)
- Olga Verbeek, associate director of information systems and library services (2009)
- Gerry Willis, director of alumni/parent programs (2010)