“Library Lessons” workshops available throughout fall semester
The McKillop Library will once again sponsor “Library Lessons,” a series of workshops open to all members of the Salve Regina community, throughout the fall 2016 semester. Topics include conducting research, learning APA and MLA citation styles and using bibliographic citation managers.
While most workshops are available by appointment only, three sessions focusing on the new library catalog will be held throughout the semester:
New Library Catalog: Worldcat Discovery
- 9 a.m. Monday, Sept. 19
- 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 6
- 3 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 16
Learn about the library’s new search tool that allows you to find and request books, articles and other research materials. All sessions will be held in the McKillop Library, Room 006.
Additional sessions available by appointment include:
- APA Style: Learn about the American Psychological Association (APA) citation and format style that is most commonly used to cite sources within the social sciences.
- MLA Style: Learn about the Modern Language Association (MLA) citation and format style that is most commonly used to cite sources within the humanities and liberal arts.
- Introduction to Today’s Library Services: Learn about access from home, finding books and articles, and requesting from other libraries.
- How to Do Research: How do I decide on a topic? What are the steps in the research process? How do I decide which research tools to use?
- Using Bibliographic Citation Managers (Refworks): What’s a bibliographic citation manager? How can it help me organize books and articles? How can I use it to create a works cited bibliography?
- Conducting a Literature Review: What is a literature review? How do I make sure I don’t miss anything? How do I optimize library tools to keep up with new research as I’m writing?
To register for a session on the new library catalog, or to schedule an appointment for any of the other workshops, visit library.salve.edu/librarylessons. For more information, call (401) 341-2289 or email email@example.com.