New library cafe expands dining options on campus
Sodexo recently expanded its dining options on campus with the opening of a new cafe in McKillop Library, filling the void left by the closure of Global Cafe last spring.
“The new cafe provides a comfortable gathering space that is reminiscent of the coffeeshops found in Barnes & Noble,” said Mark Rodrigues, Sodexo’s general manager. “It offers extended hours and meal exchange options, ensuring that students don’t have to step away from studying to enjoy a snack or meal.”
The new cafe features everything students need to keep fueled while in the library, including Starbucks beverages and an assortment of freshly baked pastries and desserts.
The cafe’s complete offerings include:
- Full Starbucks beverage menu, including seasonal specialty drinks, along with Pepsi products, Teavana ice teas, Tropicana and Naked juices
- Starbucks packaged snacks and packaged study snacks, including granola bars, yogurt parfaits, fresh fruit cups, trail mix, chips, whole fruit and more
- House-made bakery items, including muffins, breakfast pastries, cookies and more
- Ice cream novelties, Magnum ice cream and Ben & Jerry’s specialty pint slices
- Simply to Go case with a wide variety of sandwiches, wraps and salads
Students who miss a meal at Miley may use meal exchange to purchase breakfast, lunch or dinner. For breakfast, a meal includes coffee or juice, a bagel and yogurt or whole fruit. For lunch and dinner, a meal includes any sandwich or salad, chips or whole fruit and a fountain drink.
Hours for meal exchange are:
- Breakfast: 9-11 a.m. Monday through Friday
- Lunch: 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Sunday
- Dinner: 5-11:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 4:30-6 p.m. Friday and 4:30-11:30 p.m. Sunday (also available at Miley Mart/Starbucks from 6-11 p.m. Friday and 4:30-11 p.m. Saturday)
And although Global Cafe has closed, the kitchen in Gerety Hall remains fully operational, allowing the Office of Student Engagement to serve food during activities and events, including trivia and wing nights scheduled for Wednesday evenings through Oct. 2.