Panel discussion focusing on police, community relations
Several academic departments and campus offices will come together this week to sponsor a panel discussion on current national issues of police and community relations. “Uniting NOT Dividing: A Dialogue on How Black and Blue Should Not Hurt” will be held at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 3 in the Bazarsky Lecture Hall.
The panel will focus on identifying the problems and issues facing policing today as well as generating ideas and solutions to foster positive police and community relations. The goal is to heighten awareness among Salve Regina students.
The panel will be moderated by Daniel Knight, former FBI agent and adjunct faculty member in the Department of Administration of Justice.
Panelists will include:
- Toby Ayers, executive director of Rhode Island for Community and Justice
- Kobi Dennis from the Parternship to Address Violence Through Education
- Sami Nassim, director of multicultural programs
- Steven O’Donnell ’93 (M), superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police
- Nathan Rose ’13, Baltimore police officer