Prevention workshops designed to establish community of responsibility
Undergraduate students are invited to register for “Bringing in the Bystander,” a prevention workshop designed to establish a community of responsibility. Sponsored by the Dean of Students Office, the workshop will be offered four times during October and November.
Through in-depth discussions and role playing, participants will understand how to:
- Play a part in proactively preventing sexual and relationship violence
- Assist survivors in getting the help and support they need
- Contribute to the creation of a campus climate that reflects a commitment to safety for all
Participation fulfills the FYT100: Making the First Year Transition requirement for first-year students.
Sessions will be held:
- 3:30-5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 21
- 4-5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 29
- 5:30-7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 13
- 4-5:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 20
Each session is limited to 20 students, and registration is required. To register, email Jennifer Rosa, assistant director of campus life, at email@example.com.