R.I. consortium offering professional development opportunities
Salve Regina is a member of the Rhode Island Higher Education Training Consortium, which enables faculty and staff to access high-quality learning opportunities at a reduced cost.
Faculty and staff who are looking for professional development, either for themselves or for those they manage, are invited to attend any of the workshops listed below. Interested employees should consult with their supervisor for approval to attend.
Workshop fees are typically paid through the office or departments professional development budget. All event fees include parking and breakfast, and full-day events also include lunch.
- Project Management 101: Tips, Tools and Techniques: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Feb. 5, $75. Hosted by Bryant University.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving: 9 a.m. to noon March 1, $75. Hosted by Providence College.
- Strategic Thinking for Managers: 9 a.m. to noon March 21, $75. Hosted by Brown University.
- Running Effective Meetings: 9 a.m. to noon April 4, $75. Hosted by Providence College.
- Recognition Goes a Long Way: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 4, $85. Hosted by the Rhode Island School of Design.
- Time Management: 9 a.m. to noon April 11, $75. Hosted by Providence College.
- Managing Difficult Conversations: 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. April 27, $150. Hosted by Salve Regina.
- MBTI: Determine Your Best Fit Type: 9 a.m. to noon May 5, $75. Hosted by the Community College of Rhode Island (Lincoln campus).
For more information on these workshop opportunities, contact Nancy Escher, human resources generalist, at (401) 341-2157 or firstname.lastname@example.org.