Road construction affecting travel on Ruggles Avenue
The city of Newport and T. Miozzi Construction are performing roadway improvements on Ruggles Avenue between Bellevue Avenue and the Cliff Walk. The project is expected to last several weeks, during which time access to Ochre Point Avenue from Ruggles Avenue will be limited.
Roadwork will take place between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Students, faculty and staff should use alternate routes to campus to avoid detours and delays.
RIPTA has adjusted its bus routes due to the road construction. The temporary route began running on Wednesday, Oct. 29 and will continue until construction is completed.
Bellevue Avenue outbound
- Pick up: Front of Pell Center (corner of Bellevue and Ruggles)
- Pick up: Victoria Avenue (driveway entrance to Wallace Hall)
- Pick up: Victoria Avenue at Lawrence Avenue
- Pick up: Ochre Point Avenue at Shepard Avenue
- RIPTA runs the entire length of Victoria Avenue from Bellevue Avenue to Ochre Point Avenue (east)
Narragansett Avenue inbound
- Ochre Point Avenue (turn right) to Shepard Avenue (turn left) to Lawrence Avenue (turn left) to Victoria Avenue toward Bellevue Avenue.
- Same pick-ups as above