Room selection process for rising sophomores getting underway
With the annual room selection process getting underway, now is the time for first-year students to be looking ahead to their sophomore year. All first-years and sophomores who are not commuting to campus from their parent’s homes are guaranteed housing and are required to live on campus. Because of the residency requirement, current freshmen will not need to place a housing deposit and will automatically receive a room selection letter.
Only those students who have registered for the fall 2020 semester are eligible to participate in the room selection, and students who select a room obligate themselves to a full academic year of University housing.
Upcoming events related to room selection include:
- Tuesday, March 10 – A room selection information session will be held at 4 p.m. in the O’Hare Academic Center, Room 260.
- Tuesday, March 24 – Roommates/ Room Dates Event: A social for first-years seeking roommates will be held at 5 p.m. in Miley Lounge.
- Wednesday, March 25 – Times distributed and floor charts via MyHousing through the Salve Portal.
- Wednesday, April 1 & Thursday, April 2 – Open houses will be held in sophomore housing from 8-10 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 15 – Room selection for Pell Honors students who chose to participate in the Pell Honors Housing in Wallace Hall.
- Thursday, April 16 – Room selection for male first-year will be held from 9am-5pm online through MyHousing on the Salve portal.
- Monday, April 20 – Room selection for female first-year will be held from 9am-5pm online through MyHousing on the Salve portal.