Salve Regina community invited to obtain or renew passport
Members of the Salve Regina community are invited to get their first passport or renew their old one on Passport Day, which will be held from Noon to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 15, in Drexel Hall. Hosted by the Center for Global Education and Fellowships, Passport Day is part of International Education Week, which runs from Nov. 13-17, and more details will be coming soon on other events for this week.
All Salve Regina students who sign up for Passport Day in advance will be entered into a raffle to have their passport paid for by the Center for Global Education and Fellowships — a value of up to $165.
Participants should bring the required documentation listed below, and they should to complete forms before arrival. All required forms will also be available during the session. A representative from the U.S. Postal Service will also be on hand to make the process as quick and easy as possible.
Requirements for new passports:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship, which includes one of the following: Previously issued, undamaged and fully valid U.S. passport; certified birth certificate issued by the city, county or state; consular report of birth abroad or certification of birth; naturalization certificate; or certificate of citizenship.
- Proof of identification, which includes one of the following: Previously issued, undamaged U.S. passport; naturalization certificate; valid driver’s license; current government ID (city, state or federal); or current military ID (military and dependents). Photocopies (front and back) are necessary.
- Form DS11. Copies will also be available at the event.
- Two personal checks or money orders (cash and credit cards are not accepted). One $130 check should be made payable to “U.S. Department of State” and one $35 check should be made payable to “U.S. Postal Service.” Anyone needing expedited processing will need to pay additional fees.
- A photographer will be available for an additional $15 fee, which must be paid to U.S. Postal Service via check.
Requirements for renewal passports:
- First, participants should make sure they are eligible to renew by mail. Check the guidelines.
- Don’t forget to bring in the old passport. It will be mailed back to once the new passport has been processed.
- Form DS82. Copies will also be available at the event.
- A personal check or money order (cash and credit cards are not accepted). The $130 check should be made payable to “U.S. Department of State.”
- A photographer will be available for an additional $15 fee, paid to U.S. Postal Service via check. Participants can also use their own photo using these guidelines.
- Passport renewals will be mailed to the processing center. The Center for Global Education and Fellowships will provide envelopes and cover the cost of shipping for those who participate in Passport Day.
Please pre-register for Passport Day here.
Featured image by Getty Images/Maudib