Salve Regina hosting first Spring Weekend April 26-28
Salve Regina will host its first Spring Weekend April 26-28, with events ranging from a Saturday afternoon carnival to an indoor soccer tournament. Spring Weekend is being organized by the Office of Student Activities in collaboration with several other offices across campus.
The schedule is:
Friday, April 26
- Block parties – 4-7 p.m., Hunt, Reefe and Moore Hall parking lots and the Narragansett Hall lawn. Sponsored by the Office of Campus Life.
- A cappella concert – 5-7 p.m., Wakehurst. Sponsored by the Salve Music Ensemble Club.
- GrooveBoston – 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., Rodgers Recreation Center. Doors will open at 9 p.m. The cost is $10 and tickets are available in the Office of Student Activities, with all proceeds benefiting One Fund Boston.
Saturday, April 27
- Powder Puff football game – 11 a.m., Wallace field. Sponsored by Salve Super Fans.
- Men’s rugby alumni match – 11 a.m., Fort Adams State Park.
- Women’s tennis Ladies Choice Doubles – 11 a.m., Antone Academic Center tennis courts.
- Men’s baseball vs. Endicott College – Noon and 2:30 p.m., Cardines Field in downtown Newport.
- Spring Carnival – 1-5 p.m., Wakehurst lawn. Activities include carnival booths, amusement ride, food truck, petting zoo, wax hands, cotton candy, fried dough, jumbo slide, beer garden (photo ID required), music from WSRU, caricaturist and stilt walker. Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board.
- Outdoor movie: “Identity Thief” – 8 p.m., Wakehurst lawn.
Sunday, April 28
- World Cup indoor soccer tournament – 1-6 p.m., Rodgers Recreation Center. The cost is $5, with proceeds benefiting a grant that helps Salve Regina students study abroad. Sign up in the O’Hare Academic Center lobby from noon to 2 p.m. weekdays or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Sponsored by the Study Abroad Student Association.