Salve Regina hosting hurricane preparedness workshop
Each year, hurricanes and tropical storms have the potential to cause flooding, wind damage and power outages throughout coastal New England. To explore how tropical weather has impacted our area in the past, and to discuss how residents can prepare for future storms, Salve Regina will host a hurricane preparedness workshop on Monday, July 20.
Free and open to the public, the workshop will be held from 7-9 p.m. in Ochre Court. Interested participants may register online.
The workshop will include presentations from the following:
- American Red Cross, Rhode Island/Connecticut region
- Federal Emergency Management Agency, region I
- National Grid
- National Weather Service, Boston/Taunton forecast office
- Rhode Island Emergency Management Agency
- Salve Regina’s cultural and historic preservation program