“Second Half” workshops address common academic issues
The Academic Center for Excellence will sponsor a series of five workshops designed to address the most common issues students face during the second half of the semester. The workshops will be held on Thursdays beginning Oct. 30.
During the one-hour sessions, students will plan out the remainder of their semester, enhance their ability to digest large amounts of material in the shortest time, perfect their test preparation strategies, develop the fine art of taking tests and prepare for final exams.
Sessions will be held from 4-5 p.m. in the McKillop Library, Room 106. Topics include:
- Oct. 30: “Constructing Your Own Personal ‘Second Half’ With Built-In Success”
- Nov. 6: “Wine From Grapes: Getting the Most Juice From Your Studying in the Shortest Time”
- Nov. 13: “Tests, Part I: Preparing to ACE Your Exams”
- Nov. 20: “Tests, Part II: The Art and Skill of Test-Taking – Secrets of the Test-Makers”
- Dec. 4: “Oxymoron Day: ‘Final Exams’ and ‘Health, Success and Sanity’ Do Go in the Same Sentence”
Reservations are encouraged but not required. To reserve a spot in one or more of the sessions, call (401) 341-2226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.